Activity - Section V
- Historically, the drip method (either vertical or horizontal drip) of WHC has been one of the best methods for detecting differences in WHC. Give some reasons for this success.
- Why is using more than one measurement method for WHC a good idea?
- List several factors that directly affect the results from any give WHC protocol?
- What is the general principle behind gravimetric methods of WHC?
- Would heating samples increase or decrease WHC compared to unheated identical samples? Explain why.
- Based on the filter paper sketches below, if the data are expressed as ratios of the juice area to the meat area, then a larger ratio value would suggest the WHC of the meat to be ________ (low or high). Which sketch ______ best represents your answer for the first blank?