Training employees in industry
- First, with your employees in groups, ask them to describe individually their process for new product development and give them a chance to comment on their process.
- Give them time to work on the content of this resource (preferably over one or two weeks) and to post their thoughts on the comments page.
- Discuss how each of the steps in the process can be improved at their production plant, taking into consideration the specific circumstances and challenges.
Teaching students in higher education
- First, visit a food enterprise and talk to employees responsible for the NPD process.
- Give the students time to work on the content of this resource (preferably over one or two weeks).
- In parallel, let them work on a case study. The task is to develop a new product for a specific target group at the request of a specific food enterprise. The case study should be detailed and relevant to the target group.
- Ask the students to present the results of the case studies orally in groups, with each student giving and receiving feedback.