Training employees in industry
- First ask the employees to find out the salt content of pig meat products in the local supermarket and make a list.
- Give them time to work on the content of the learning resource as indicated. This may take one to two weeks and ask them to post their thoughts on the comments page.
- In the final discussion ask the employees to consider the novel technologies and whether these might be implemented within their own sector of the industry.
Teaching students in higher education
- First ask the students to find out as much information as possible on the salt content of pig meat products in their locality using published work and visiting the local supermarket. Ask them to make a list.
- Ask students to visit a pig meat processing plant (if there are any in the local area) and observe and discuss how pig meat products are developed.
- Give them time to work on the content of the learning resource as indicated. This may take one to three weeks. Ask them to post their thoughts on the comments page.
- Ask them to work in groups and discuss health implications of salt and the potential value of the novel technologies for local application