Training employees in industry/at farms
- First, with your employees in groups, ask them to describe individually what measures they occupy for Salmonella control
- Give them time to work on the content of this resource (preferably over one or two weeks) and to post their thoughts on the Comments page.
- Discuss how new control measures can be implemented, taking into consideration the specific circumstances of the farm.
Teaching students in higher education
- First, visit a Salmonella positive farm and talk to employees of the farm
- Give the students time to work on the content of this resource (preferably over one or two weeks)
- In parallel, let them work in groups. The task is to discuss different control strategies. The case study should be detailed and relevant to the target group
- Ask the students to present the results of the case studies orally in groups, with each student giving and receiving feedback.