Training employees in industry/at farms
- First, with your employees in groups, ask them to describe individually their process for the castration of piglets and give them a chance to comment on their process.
- Give them time to work on the content of this resource (preferably over one or two weeks) and to post their thoughts on the Comments page.
- Discuss how new methodology can be implemented, taking into consideration the specific circumstances and challenges.
Teaching students in higher education
- First, visit a farm and talk to employees responsible for the castration of male piglets.
- Give the students time to work on the content of this resource (preferably over one or two weeks).
- In parallel, let them work in groups. The task is to discuss alternative methods. The case study should be detailed and relevant to the target group.
- Ask the students to present the results of the case studies orally in groups, with each student giving and receiving feedback.