After working through this resource, employees in industry should be able to:
- describe the main problems related to methods of driving pigs to stunning
- solve problems in the pre-slaughter handling of pigs by changing handling routines, aids and attitudes.
After working through this resource, students in higher education should be able to:
- describe how pigs experience different methods of driving to stunning
- explain how the process of driving pigs to stunning can have an effect on pig welfare and pork quality
- suggest improvements in pre-slaughter handling by changing handling routines, facility design, aids and/or attitudes, based on biological principles.